Postdoctoral Research on Nigerian Pottery: Ozioma Omuzulike

Guys, I have just met somebody really interesting … well, I was introduced to Ozioma Omuzulike already two weeks ago but by that time I was only days away from having to submit my PhD and didn’t quite appreciate his acquaintance. Omuzulike is currently at SOAS as a Postdoctoral Fellow. His research is concerned with the history and development of pottery practices in Nigeria. From all I understand he will contextualise the influence and work of Michael Cardew with regard to cotemporary practices across the country. A huge and impressive project. Let’s wish him all the best because this sounds important and interesting at the same time! Omuzulike maintains a blog (added to my blog roll from today) and will be speaking at the UCL West African Seminar on 5 November 2005 (you’ll have to scroll down, the seminar list is at the bottom of the site) – So, if you’re in London come along!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signature Gallery, Abuja

'Portraits' of Sheikh Usman dan Fodio

Popular Portraits of Sheikh Ahmad Tijani - Another Little (Procrastination) Gem