I’m not yet there and depending upon how things will play out after I finish my PhD I might not even get there ever … Not sure, whether the video that was posted at an Afro-German blog I follow actually puts forward a good argument about integration but … or maybe I’m just missing it because I thought at least attempting to learn Hausa before going to a predominantly Hausa speaking area was the obvious thing to do and maybe its not all that obvious after all? Anyway, enjoyed watching it and think the Hausa connection is, here we go again:, obvious enough to post it here … I spare you any further comments I might have about the integration debate and, indeed, race/racism in current German discourses but if you’re interested you’ll find some stuff at the above mentioned blog (mainly in German) or quite a bit of stuff on Afro-Europe (which is in English) …


[Here should have been the embedded video but once again I don't seem to get blogger working as I want to so instead, check it out on Youtube!]


And now let me go and buy my feminist mag in which German showcase feminist Alice Schwarzer explains - to whom actually? I beg German feminists don’t need convincing after all they realised that long before any (German) Muslimah how suppressed women in headscarf are (cynism intended) – that the Muslim headscarf is a symbol of female repression and Islamism, indeed, the soon to be expected introduction of Shari’a in Germany and should be banned for school girls under the age of 14. Let’s see whether she actually got around to including some voices by the Muslim women in Germany on whose behalf she claims to be speaking (for a similar English language debate follow the links on Fatemeh Fakhraie page) …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signature Gallery, Abuja

'Portraits' of Sheikh Usman dan Fodio

Popular Portraits of Sheikh Ahmad Tijani - Another Little (Procrastination) Gem