Some more Illustrations of Religious Chromolithographs Online

I found a few more illustrations of religious posters, this time in the collection of the Tropenmuseum Amsterdam. They are all in the West-Asia & North Africa collection and since I'have not figured how to copy those images (I guess, they've done that on purpose) let me give you the motif and link to the image (hoping that this will still work in a few weeks time or whenever you happen to come across this entry). So, in terms of motifs, there are represented: the Garden of Eden (?, I don't read Arabic and the image is pretty small anyway, but check it out here), Ishamel's sacrifice at the hands of Ibrahim (here), Solomon (here), al-Buraq (here) and the Ka'ba (click here). Hope you enjoy them ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signature Gallery, Abuja

'Portraits' of Sheikh Usman dan Fodio

Popular Portraits of Sheikh Ahmad Tijani - Another Little (Procrastination) Gem