Aerosol Arabic

Alright, that's even more out of the actual subject matter of my research and that blog but as I'm currently trying to write up a bit about (religious) murals in Kano I was pretty intrigued when I coincidently came across a documentary about this Birmingham based graffiti artist. From what transpired in the spot he seems to have quite a political and religious agenda in his works, at the same time I still perceive of graffiti largely (and despite the recent commercial and main stream success of artists such as Banksy) as an expression of a somehow anti-mainstream, anti-conformist subculture. Hence, I'd be terribly interested to know how my friends in northern Nigeria would feel about his works.

Anyway, for the moment check out his picture collection on Flickr and videos on YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signature Gallery, Abuja

'Portraits' of Sheikh Usman dan Fodio

Popular Portraits of Sheikh Ahmad Tijani - Another Little (Procrastination) Gem